9 Foods to Reduce Stress
1. Green leafy vegetables. Assist in lowering stress levels and contain calcium, iron, magnesium, vitamin B's and C's and protein.
2. Nuts and seeds - flaxseeds, sunflower and pumpkin seeds contain lots of magnesium which is amazing for stress. Cashews are full of zinc which assists with anxiety.
3. Avocado - rich in stress-relieving B vitamins that assist in lowering your stress levels.
4. Berries - high in antioxidants. Great for your heart including lowering blood pressure
5. Bananas - high in tryptophan, magnesium and potassium which helps reduce blood pressure.
6. Cherries - contain melatonin which helps with sleep. They are an amazing anti- inflammatory fruit.
7. Sweet potato - high in potassium, magnesium, vitamin B6, amino acids. Known to lower blood pressure
8. Oats - kick in serotonin known to lower cholesterol and blood pressure.
9. Lentils - highest antioxidant levels, rich in iron and folate. Decreases blood cholesterol.